Lenna’s Inception version 0.4 (beta3) is live. Get it from the usual place.
As per usual, in order to access most of the new features you’ll need to visit the starving artists’ house in the town and speak to the NPC inside to regenerate your maps. This won’t cause you to lose any progress.
- Randomized potions have been added. These potions have a variety of effects, not all beneficial. You can use potions in a number of ways:
- Drop it on yourself to try out its effects and find out what it does. If you’re standing in the same place as your pet, you’ll both get the effect.
- Throw it at a distant pet or enemy to grant that pet or enemy the potion’s effects.
- Throw it at the ground to create a puddle. When any mob (enemy, pet or Lenna herself) walks over this potion, it’ll be granted the potion’s effects.
- Launch a potion across the room with the bow (which does not require any arrows). This is often the most convenient way to deliver the potion to a pet that is standing next to you without also taking the effect yourself.
- Rare alternative tunics have been added. When you find or buy one, you can equip it by choosing “Change Lenna’s Tunic” in the inventory screen. Like potions, these tunics are randomized and have effects on the player character, much like the potions.
- The hammer can now be used as a weapon.
- Randomized NPCs have been added to the “town” area. Some give you items, and some sell items, although most tell you the latest gossip.
- The palace location has been added and is the first destination you must head to after the school (if you’re following the storyline, otherwise it’s optional).
- The first four bosses in story mode now speak before attacking.
- New music has been added to the palace location and the dungeons styled after abandoned buildings.